Last Modified: August 28, 2018
These rules are subject to change at the administrator’s discretion. If rules should change, all captains will be notified accordingly.
The Handbook’s General Rules apply to all AHGL games, please read them first!
I. Heroes of the Storm Overview
1. Player Eligibility: All players participating in Heroes of the Storm competitions must have an active Heroes of the Storm (North America) account in good standing displayed on their Battlefy profile. Only registered team members playing under their own account are allowed to play for a team.
2. Team Roster Size: A team consists of 5-10 participants. Rules for qualifications for rostered members can be found in AHGL general rules.
3. Registration: The Heroes of the Storm registration fee will be $165 per team. The captain pays this fee during registration on Battlefy.
4. Game Version: All players must have their game up to date with the latest patch.
5. Weekly Structure:
1. Monday: Matchups for the following weekend are distributed (assuming all previous round match results have been entered) and an ordered list of maps for the next week’s matches is released.
2. Saturday: All matches are played on Saturday starting at 12pm Pacific (3pm Eastern). The AHGL observes Daylight Savings.
6. Season Format: Exact season format will be announced before the season begins when we know the exact number of teams. This section will be updated along with an announcement email for all captains. There will be two at minimum two stages: Non-elimination Regular Season (~5-9 weeks) and Elimination Playoffs.
1. Competition Method: Lobby mode: Tournament draft. Game Privacy: Normal. The team that has elected or been given the first Battlegrounds selection(See Home/Away) will ban one of the 9 battlegrounds listed below, the other team will ban one of the remaining maps, and the team that had first Battleground selection will chose the Battleground for the first game from the remaining 7. The team that does not select the Battleground for that game will have the first Hero selection. The loser of the first game will have their choice of either Battleground selection or first Hero selection. The Battleground bans remain for the duration of the series.
Battlefield of Eternity
Tomb of the Spider Queen
Towers of Doom
Lobby mode: Tournament draft. Game Privacy: Normal. First draft team: See Home/Away team section.
2. Game Winner: The result will be as shown on the post-game summary screen.
3. Series Length: Matches will be best-of-two(2) during the regular season. Points will be awarded based on the end of series score. If a team wins both games, they will be awarded 3 points. If a team wins one game, they will be awarded 1 point, and if a team wins neither they will not be awarded any points. Matches will be a best-of-five(5) for playoffs and elimination rounds with teams alternating sides after each game.
i. Prohibited Character Skins
Twilight Archangel Diablo
Skyborn Archangel Diablo
Toxic Archangel Diablo
Sapphire Cyberhawk Kael'thas
Specter Cyberhawk Kael’thas
Raider Maraudin' Muradin
Dominion Maraudin' Muradin
Umojan Maraudin’ Muradin
Scarlet Striker Li-Ming
Canary Striker Li-Ming
Sapphire Striker Li-Ming
Strike Mecha Tyrael
Deathreaper Mecha Tyrael
5. Home/Away team: During the regular season, home and away teams will be assigned weekly through the Battlefy interface. The team on the left side of the page is the Home team and will have the choice of either first Battlegrounds selection or first Hero selection for the first game. If the home team chooses first Battlegrounds selection, the away team will have the first Hero selection of that game and vice-versa.
6. Placeholder picks: If a player does not own the hero their team wants them to pick, they may not call out and use a placeholder hero.
7. Substitute players: Players are allowed to switch following the completion of a game. In other words, in a best-of-three series, Player 1 could play in game one, get switched for Player 2 for game two, and then come back to play game 3.
8. Observer slots: All games should be configured to allow spectators to allow AHGL administrators and casters to participate in the game and address possible issues. Observers able to see both teams’ perspectives are discouraged and require the explicit approval of both captains or the AHGL organizers.
III. Technical Issues
Stoppage of Play Procedure: A player experiencing technical issues on either team may call for a restart of the game prior to minions being released.
The player requesting the restart must be experiencing one of the following: a hardware malfunction (e.g. any equipment malfunction), physical disruption (e.g. breaking furniture), or game configuration problems.
They must declare a restart in all-chat. The game should be paused and an AHGL administrator should be contacted immediately.
In the event of a game server crash, AHGL administrators will determine next steps.
Teams must announce the reason before or immediately after pause.
Each team is granted a total of 5 minutes pause time during the match.
When resuming the game from pause, both teams must confirm in chat that they are ready to continue.
If total pause time runs out, the game must be resumed. If one team refuses to resume the game, the opposing team will receive a win for that game.
Admins hold the right to request teams to pause during the match in case of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not count for the team it was requested to.